How to get values from a different card?

Hello, I want to create a donut chart containing two values (both coming from different cards).

Say for example below, I have these 2 separate cards (Single Value) [see IMG1]. The values of these 2 cards vary depending on which was selected in the slicer filter.

Is there a way I could create 1 card (donut) showing these 2 values in a single chart? [see IMG2]

============================

[IMG1]

[IMG2] sample only, image from excel

Best Answer

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓

@Zel Since your calculation for Remaining Balance requires subtracting the Total Alerts/Events Used, I would actually recommend using a Filled Gauge card instead of a Donut/Pie chart. In this case you would use COUNT(DISTINCT Alarm ID) for the gauge values and the total amount of credits as your Optional Max Value.

Also, does your slicer allow you to select multiple values for Store Chain? If so you may want to reconsider using a SUM(DISTINCT ) function. For example, if you filter to "Common Spirit Health" and "VA Medical Center - Forth Harrison, MT" should the total amount of credits be 200? The way your Remaining Balance calculation is set up now it would only return 100 since they both have the same value.

Answers

• @Zel Are both cards on the same dataset?

• Zel
    Zel Member

@MichelleH Yes, they are.

• @Zel Since these cards are on the same dataset, I'd recommend creating a beast mode that mirrors the logic of each card and segments your data between "Total Alerts/Events Used" and "Remaining Balance" to use as the series of the donut card. Depending on how your original cards are set up you may need to create a second beast mode for the values as well.

If you need some additional direction on the beast mode(s) we would need to see how your original cards are set up.

• Zel
    Zel Member
    edited March 2023

@MichelleH here it is:

For "Total Alerts/Events Used"

• COUNT(DISTINCT Alarm ID)

For "Remaining Balance"

(SUM(DISTINCT CASE

when Store Chain like '%Penn Medicine%' then 250
    when Store Chain like '%Utah Public Health Lab%' then 200
    when Store Chain like '%VA Medical Center - Philadelphia, PA%' then 3719
    when Store Chain like '%VA Medical Center - Wilmington, DE%' then 1000
    when Store Chain like '%William Beaumont Hospital - Royal Oak Campus%' then 200
    when Store Chain like '%Common Spirit Health%' then 100
    when Store Chain like '%VA Medical Center - Fort Harrison, MT%' then 100
    when Store Chain like '%HCA Management - Master Parent Account%' AND Store like '%TRH%' then 1
    when Store Chain like '%HCA Management - Master Parent Account%' AND Store like '%LPH%' then 200

ELSE 0
    END) )

- COUNT(DISTINCT Alarm ID)

=================================================

For the "Remaining Balance" case when statement - there's a slicer for that, whichever is selected, the corresponding number will be used and deduct the count of unique alarm IDs (Total Alerts/Events Used).

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓

@Zel Since your calculation for Remaining Balance requires subtracting the Total Alerts/Events Used, I would actually recommend using a Filled Gauge card instead of a Donut/Pie chart. In this case you would use COUNT(DISTINCT Alarm ID) for the gauge values and the total amount of credits as your Optional Max Value.

Also, does your slicer allow you to select multiple values for Store Chain? If so you may want to reconsider using a SUM(DISTINCT ) function. For example, if you filter to "Common Spirit Health" and "VA Medical Center - Forth Harrison, MT" should the total amount of credits be 200? The way your Remaining Balance calculation is set up now it would only return 100 since they both have the same value.

• Zel
    Zel Member

Ohh, let me try that one and see how it goes, thank you for the suggestion @MichelleH

The slicer only shows single value.

• Zel
    Zel Member

Hi @MichelleH , is there a way to show correct % instead of the actual value?

[IMG1] shows the actual value

[IMG2] shows the result when I changed the format to percentage

• @Zel Yes, to show percentage you would update your value field to divide the count(distinct Alert ID) by the case statement currently in your max value field. Then you would set your max to 1 (100%).

• Zel
    Zel Member

Great, thanks for your help @MichelleH ! But in Filled Gauge card, there isn't any option to show alternate values, such as the value itself and %, right?

Like for example, the main display would be the percentage and when you hover, it would show the actual value, just like on other card settings.

• @Zel I believe that is the case. If you already have your two original cards showing the values, then I would suggest using just the percentage in the filled gauge card

• Zel
    Zel Member

Thank you again, @MichelleH ! 😊 Appreciate your help!