How to pass the global date filter to DDX brick

Currently, my dashboard is default to the 'This Year' setting on the Global Date Filter widget (grey banner) however this setting isn't being reflected in the output of a new DDX Brick which aggregates values by date. What do I need to for the DDX Brick output to reflect the Global Date Filter settings?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• JosephMeyers
    JosephMeyers Domo Employee
    Answer ✓

The Global Date filter does not currently support custom apps. Standard page filters would need to be used.

Answers

• @SlickVic - this is a great question that I would like to hear the solution to as well. I'm tagging a few members that I hope can help provide a solution.

@GrantSmith @Ellibot @jaeW_at_Onyx

My hunch is that if these guys don't know, they know someone who does.

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • SlickVic
    SlickVic Member
    edited February 2023

It's amazing that what should be such a basic feature is firstly, not implemented, and secondly, lacks any documentation or advisory that it is not a a basic feature so that I have waste hours scouring the docs, the internet, and posting here to get any information about it. DOMO seems to perpetuate itself by lies of omission.

• @SlickVic check out this article:

"Pulling Parameters from the Environment"

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • @jaeW_at_Onyx I watched this video already. There was nowhere described a method to grab the global page filter parameter. I've already reached out to a DOMO consultant who advised the only way to do it was build a date filter in a DDX brick.

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    edited February 2023

i could be mistaken, but i believe the env object should include all dashboard filter settings.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • SlickVic
    SlickVic Member
    edited February 2023

You are mistaken. I've looked at the output already and it doesn't contain this data. It does contain the information for any card-based filters you've created on the page, but not any global page filter settings.

• JosephMeyers
    JosephMeyers Domo Employee
    Answer ✓

The Global Date filter does not currently support custom apps. Standard page filters would need to be used.