How can I get rid of HTML table/cell borders?

I have an HTML table (1 column that is a Beast Mode, it outputs text) . The output is exactly what we want, so I have no interest in changing the Beast Mode code. My client embeds the table through Domo Everywhere, and they want it to have no table/cell borders (so that it will appear like a paragraph of text).

I am able to do this by modifying the table elements in the Chrome console, but the changes do not persist once the page is refreshed. I understand that this could be possible with DDX Bricks, but when I have tried that method I am not able to print my single column of text.

Any guidance/thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Answers

• this isn’t an option with the standard chart options. You can utilize a DDX brick and the Phoenix engine and some CSS to display the table without a border

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Hey @GrantSmith thanks for getting back to me on this!

I found an interesting (but, limited) workaround that I thought I would share here. I knew that I could change the cell background color of an HTML table with a div tag, so I then thought, "What if I change the cell background color to match the default table border color?"

So, I took a screenshot of my table and uploaded it to a website that takes an image input and enables the user to pinpoint a specific pixel on the image and retrieve the hex code. I found the hex code of the default Domo table border color to be #cccccc (like a semi-dark grey). I then added the following code to the beginning of my Beast Mode:

CONCAT('<div style="background-color:#cccccc; border:10px white; border-collapse: collapse; color:black; margin:-10px; padding:10px">',

After the comma, you simply add in whatever Beast Mode code you had written before and then be sure to end the Beast Mode with ,'</div>') to close off the original CONCAT function.

This left me with an HTML table card that appears like a paragraph of text! The only caveat with this method is that you have to stick with the #cccccc hex code.

• Interesting workaround. Thanks for sharing!

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • @GrantSmith I've never used the Phoenix engine, and I have very little experience with DDX Bricks. I know that there is a DDX Brick template for a Beast Mode. I tried using that template and simply calling the Beast Mode that I had written for this, but I'm guessing it is too complex because when I run the JavaScript preview, it returns a blank canvas (my Beast Mode is ~160 lines).

Do you know what the limitations are, in terms of what DDX Bricks can process straight from Domo versus having to write custom code to achieve in DDX what I have already achieved in Analyzer? I feel like I should be able to just call on the Beast Mode column name, but that doesn't seem to work...