is there a way to run domo workbench 5 on local machine without admin privileges

karthik
karthik Member
edited March 2023 in Workbench

hi,

is there a way to run domo workbench 5 on local machine without admin privileges if there is a way please tell 

and one more question

even after i enter admin password and all when searching for a local files in workbench from my user account i am only seeing admin files but not my excel sheets and all which are present in my user account.

please tell why is this happening and any solution to access my user account excel sheets.

thank you, 

Best Answer

• guitarhero23
    guitarhero23 Contributor
    Answer ✓

I've run into that issue before depending on the type of machine. If you don't have admin and the admin installs it using his credentials Workbench will then reference their user profile (on the computer) when you browse for files and such. You should still be able to get to your folders I believe but would have to go navigate back up to C:/Users and go to yours. I'd ask your IT person if theirs a way because it's less of a Workbench issue than it is an installation in general as I've also had this happen to other programs.

You should be able to run/use Domo without Admin as long as your windows (assuming you're windows) user is added to the "Domo Workbench Users" group in security settings.

**Make sure to like any users posts that helped you and accept the ones who solved your issue.**

Answers

• guitarhero23
    guitarhero23 Contributor
    Answer ✓

I've run into that issue before depending on the type of machine. If you don't have admin and the admin installs it using his credentials Workbench will then reference their user profile (on the computer) when you browse for files and such. You should still be able to get to your folders I believe but would have to go navigate back up to C:/Users and go to yours. I'd ask your IT person if theirs a way because it's less of a Workbench issue than it is an installation in general as I've also had this happen to other programs.

You should be able to run/use Domo without Admin as long as your windows (assuming you're windows) user is added to the "Domo Workbench Users" group in security settings.

**Make sure to like any users posts that helped you and accept the ones who solved your issue.**
  • AnwarBham
    AnwarBham Contributor

@guitarhero23 can you elaborate on your response.

are you saying you created a local admin group called Domo Workbench Users in active directory and assigned the user to this group.