How can we apply drill down functionality between two dashboards in domo?

I have two dashboards. When user click on 1st dashboard's any record then it will redirect to 2nd dashboard and also apply filter on 2nd dashboard according to 1st dashboard's report.

Answers

• @Jaymin You can do this by configuring the interaction for each card on the first dashboard to redirect to the second dashboard, like below:

• @jaymin_63 Sadly, interactions don't work when you want to pass filters between cards and pages. I'm not sure if there's an easier way to do this, but I have been able to do this using a DDX Brick card. You can download DDX brick cards from the appstore in Domo, but they do require a little bit of JavaScript. The DDX brick cards are fully functional at setup and have JS that you can customize. I have used the DDX Map Link Navigation before and made the following update to the onClick function already in the code.

Market is the column name that I'm hoping to pass the selected value from the card to the 2nd dashboard. This is done through a pfilter, which I believe is just a page filter, like the ones that apply at the top of dashboards. As long as you have the dataset selected in the card and have the value and name selected in the DDX brick this should work!

function onClick(name) {

var openInNewWindow = true;

// Using name since that is the passed in argument for the function onClick

var link = 'https://optumcare.domo.com/page/773431254?pfilters=[{"column":"Market","dataType":"string","operand":"IN","values":["' + String(name) + '"]}]';

// console.log(name); - returns ['STATE'] - object, have to cast as String()

domo.navigate(link, openInNewWindow);

// domo.navigate('https://www.google.com/search?q=' + value, openInNewWindow);

}

• @jaymin_63

Solution offered by @jdorsch2 is cool. In case you do not want to use bricks and if you are okay with the user having to click multiple times, I think similar thing could be achieved using variables , beast mode and pfilter combination. It would have its own limitations as to what could be clickable. But if it's a simple table/list of items, it might do the trick

Thanks

'Happy to Help'