Getting an SPC card to track data by the Day

slewis1
slewis1 Member

I have an SPC (Statistical Process Control Chart) card that's been built that doesn't seem to want to display the data properly. It's a card to keep track of our Covid19 positive colleagues.

So the way it's built is with test date on the x axis from the data set in the form of date field and the y axis is beast calculation to sum positive results from the dataset aka (case when 'test result' = 'positive' than 1 ese 0 end). The only filters are for test date greater than 1/1/2022, test results Not In, and test refused not in "Y".

So it builds out the chart but the only problem is despite choosing for it to show data for "This year" and to show it by day. It's displaying the x axis as a type of hourly from January 1st in 4 hour intervals aka January 1st 12am, 4am, 8am, ... etc.

Anyone know what could be causing this and/or if this is an error on DOMO side of things in terms of card function?

Best Answer

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓

@slewis1 Does it still show the axis at an hourly level if you change the filter to "Previous Year"? It's most likely due to the fact that we are only 3 days into 2023, so it's trying to fill the gaps.

Answers

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓

@slewis1 Does it still show the axis at an hourly level if you change the filter to "Previous Year"? It's most likely due to the fact that we are only 3 days into 2023, so it's trying to fill the gaps.

• @MichelleH. This did correct the view so I guess I can anticipate that the problem will correct itself in a couple days when it gathers more data.

Still seems odd to me that there wouldn't be a way for it to simply reduce the card size/displayable information until it had all of the needed data to fill the gaps. Regardless thank you for your input!