How to apply a filter across 2 data sources with filter column having diff names in the data sources

I have a column called Frequency (values could be daily, weekly, monthly) in data source 1 and a column called Cadence (values could be daily, weekly, monthly) in data source 2.

How can I join these two columns to apply the filter on both data sources?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

You’ll need to rename them so they have the same name. You could just save a beast mode to the dataset where you have it just return the other column

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

No, if you can change the names so they're the same in the backed then you won't need to create a new field / beast mode to do your filtering.

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

You’ll need to rename them so they have the same name. You could just save a beast mode to the dataset where you have it just return the other column

• vash
    vash Member
    edited December 2022

@GrantSmith - Thanks. I am new to Domo. I just renamed it to have a common name across both data sources. What formula should I put in the beast mode?

• If you have dataset A with Field1 and Dataset B with Field2 then create a beast mode on the card using dataset B and call it Field1. Then have it return the value Field2

`Field2`

• @GrantSmith - do I still need to create this beast mode after I have changed my backend data sources to have same column name in both?

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

No, if you can change the names so they're the same in the backed then you won't need to create a new field / beast mode to do your filtering.