Dynamic Chart Height

ST_-Superman-_
edited December 2023 in Charting Ideas

I would like to have the option (when creating a story in Domo) to define a minimum and maximum height for a table card.

Let's say that I have a table that shows Today's large sales. Our executive team likes to have visibility to any purchase over $100,000s. When I create this card, I currently have to estimate what I think the average number of rows will be for a day and try to adjust the height of the card to match that. Lets say, 30 rows. If I set the card size to accommodate 30 rows, then it appears to take up a lot more space than needed at the beginning of the day. Conversely, when we have a lot of large deals, there would be rows missing from the view.

I would like to set a minimum height (something to fit in maybe 5 rows of data) and a maximum height (maybe I set this to fit up to 70 rows of data). My expectation would then be that the card would dynamically adjust the size of the table card based on the amount of data that needs to be displayed and the end user would only need to scroll if there were more than the 70 rows of data.

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
Tagged:
44 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• kristokiis
    kristokiis Member
    edited September 2022

If there are a couple of tables in the dashboard and they have quite a lot of rows and you need to filter the data it becomes really complicated to navigate around the dashboard due to a lot of whitespaces.

• I agree! Dynamic chart heights could also help with PDP. If you have a table with all rows for Executives, but you needed to limit other users to certain categories, some sort of dynamic chart height could adjust the cards to get rid of white space for users while keeping the executive "all rows" view in tact.

• This would be nice for exporting reports/dashboards as well, if you would be able to export a table/dashboard, and the table cards would grow, or have a "Max pages to export: " option so excel wouldn't be the only option to export tables to.

• Need this big time. We have dozens of dashboards that get emailed out weekly and daily to top clients. Each dashboard always has at least a couple cards that are too tall (white space) or too short (rows missing). You can imagine this looks unprofessional and confusing - not a good look for our company.

• Running into this ask quite a bit from multiple Domo customers, I would love to see this feature implemented!

• Dynamic card height up to a maximum value would be very useful

• Any update on this enhancement? Would really like to see this implemented.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.