How to include nested folders in S3 advanced connector

Hello. I am trying to set up the connector that would fetch the data daily from S3 bucket. I am working on an advanced s3 connector as it seems to have a more intuitive way to grab the data.

My S3 schema looks like this: `s3://adtech-third-party-data/AmazonA9/2021/09/`

In DOMO settings credentials, I put adtech-third-party-data/ as the name of the bucket.

In the Details section for * FILE NAME I have AmazonA9/2021/09/ It worked, however, it didn't fetch all the files.

Below is the s3 bucket for folder adtech-third-party-data/AmazonA9/2021/09/ :

And this is what I have in DOMO:

It skipped a couple of days, for some reason.

What is the right * FILE NAME path I should use in order to fetch all the data?

Answers

• Have you confirmed that the file names are included in your dataset or not? What specifically does your date field represent?

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • I know this is old... However, if anyone is having this issue, you just need to select "Append" on the Scheduling section. That will pull all the files within the path/folder.

• pstrauss
    pstrauss Member
    edited March 4

@GrantSmith I'm having a similar problem with the S3 AssumeRole Advanced connector. I'm trying to read all of the .json files within a subdirectory in an S3 bucket. I'm able to successfully connect, but I get this error when the job runs:

Domo is ready but did not find files that match '/logs/entity=BuffersAndBarriers/*'

That's the S3 path I'm trying to read inside of the bucket, and I put that value into the File Name field in the connector. Any ideas on how to get this working?

Here's a screen grab of the files in the subdirectory in question:

UPDATE: Removing the leading slash and wildcard on logs/entity=BuffersAndBarriers/ gets rid of the file not found error, but no data is loaded.