Row Count growth change

Trying to get the %change in overall Row Count DoD looking at today vs. yesterday.

This is what I have but is not successful. Any suggestions?:

(SUM(CASE WHEN DAY(`Snapshot Date`) = CURDATE() THEN `Row Count` ELSE 0 END)

-

SUM(CASE WHEN DAY(`Snapshot Date`) = CURDATE(-1) THEN `Row Count` ELSE 0 END))

/

SUM(CASE WHEN DAY(`Snapshot Date`) = CURDATE(-1) THEN `Row Count` ELSE 0 END)

Answers

• @renee12345 The CURDATE function does not accept any arguments in side the parenthesis, so you would need to move the -1 outside of the parenthesis in your previous day calculations.

• Oh good call. I'm still not having luck with this query

(SUM(CASE WHEN DAY(`Snapshot Date`) = CURDATE() THEN `Row Count` ELSE 0 END)

-

SUM(CASE WHEN DAY(`Snapshot Date`) = CURDATE()-1 THEN `Row Count` ELSE 0 END))

/

SUM(CASE WHEN DAY(`Snapshot Date`) = CURDATE()-1 THEN `Row Count` ELSE 0 END)

• @renee12345 What result are you currently getting with that calculation, and what result are you expecting?

• I'm currently getting 0 values, expecting high 80s%s

• McSQL
    McSQL Contributor

@renee12345 Here is an example that I believe will work for you. I changed two things. I changed the DAY() function to Date(). The DAY() function returns the numerical day of month (i.e. 15 for Dec 15th, 2022) and Date() will return the actual date (i.e. 2022-12-15). Another change I made was that I added in date_add to ensure it was pulling in yesterday's date. This wasn't necessary as curdate()-1 will also work here as @MichelleH pointed out.

(SUM(CASE WHEN DATE(`Snapshot Date`) = CURDATE() THEN `Row Count` ELSE 0 END)

-

SUM(CASE WHEN DATE(`Snapshot Date`) = DATE_ADD(CURDATE(), interval -1 day) THEN `Row Count` ELSE 0 END))

/

SUM(CASE WHEN DATE(`Snapshot Date`) = DATE_ADD(CURDATE(), interval -1 day) THEN `Row Count` ELSE 0 END)

**Say “Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Thanks so much! @McSQL !!