Anyone experiencing issues with the Alpha Vantage connector?

I have been getting the error: "Could not authenticate. Please check your credentials." for the past three days. Previously, the two datasets using the Alpha Vantage connector ran for three months without error.

I just tried using a new API key and it did not work either.

Is there a solution to this, or better yet, a method of retrieving historical stock price data without having to use Alpha Vantage?

Answers

• I believe the Alpha Vantage connector is no longer usable as it's fully paid now and not accessible via Domo. You'd need to get stock information from a different source. You could utilize a Google Sheet and then use the GOOGLEFINANCE function to pull in the associated stock information into the sheet and then pull that sheet data using the Google Sheet connector. There are likely other free alternatives out there as well.

https://support.google.com/docs/answer/3093281?hl=en

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • @GrantSmith Thanks, I solved this problem a few weeks ago with a Python script pulling in yfinance data then saving it to csv and uploading it to Domo via CSV Workbench

• swagner
    swagner Contributor

@TheScotsman I have a similar need to pull Copper spot pricing… yfinance would be a viable source. Can you share python script and any other details of this pull please?