Locked dashboards and locked cards

Jones01
Jones01 Contributor

Hi, Could someone confirm this is the correct behaviour.

I have locked a dashboard and shared it with colleagues who have the standard editor role within domo.

While they can't choose edit dashboard at the top right they can edit any card within the dashboard.

Do I have to lock each card individually?

Best Answers

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓

@Jones01 That's correct. Locking the dashboard only restricts access to the features in "Edit Dashboard". Cards must be locked individually.

• mhouston
    mhouston Contributor
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

@Jones01 yes. Locking the dashboard means that your colleagues can't change the dashboard (i.e. cannot remove, reposition cards within it), but if the cards themselves are unlocked, they can still be edited.

You can lock all cards on a page using the bulk edit features in the admin panel.

Answers

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓

@Jones01 That's correct. Locking the dashboard only restricts access to the features in "Edit Dashboard". Cards must be locked individually.

• Jones01
    Jones01 Contributor

@MichelleH thanks. I had a feeling that would be the case.

• mhouston
    mhouston Contributor
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

@Jones01 yes. Locking the dashboard means that your colleagues can't change the dashboard (i.e. cannot remove, reposition cards within it), but if the cards themselves are unlocked, they can still be edited.

You can lock all cards on a page using the bulk edit features in the admin panel.