How to append Doc cards with XLS data?

I have several Doc cards with XLS data inside them. I'm trying to find a way to combine these Doc cards' data by just appending them. Is there a way to do this in Domo, or perhaps even a third-party system?

Tagged:

Answers

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    edited October 2022

@nathankilcrease If you are using a Doc card, then you will need to manually append the new data to the original Excel file before uploading a new version. However, I would recommend using a table KPI card powered by an appending File Upload dataset instead.

• @MichelleH That's unfortunate, we need them to be Doc cards so we can have version history, but we also need the most current versions to be appended... It doesn't look like this is something we can automate in Domo.

• @nathankilcrease What if you added an "Upload Date" column to the dataset, so you can take snapshots of what was in your file at a certain point in time? For example, if you wanted to look at the "version" of the Excel file from October 19, 2022 then you can filter your card so that Update Date is less than or equal to that date.