Card updates later in the month than other cards - Beast Mode to keep previous value until update?

Joe_M
Joe_M Member
edited October 2022 in Charting

Good morning,

I have a dashboard with cards set to update once the month turns over - however several of the cards display data that update about seven days post-month change. During that seven-day period, the cards display no value. Is there a Beast Mode that would allow for the cards to continue to display the prior value until the new monthly data rolls in?

Thanks!

Tagged:

Answers

• There are various ways to dynamically do this. I made a video about using dates to control what is visible on a card. You can watch it here and see if it applies to your use case.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Almost - the Same Point of Month filter feels close. Can that be changed in some fashion to say "on X day of the month, update the card value"?

• @Joe_M Would using a beast mode like the following work for the date on those cards?

case when DAY(CURDATE()) < 7 then DATE_ADD('Date', interval 1 month) else 'Date' end

This says whenever the day of the current month is before the 7th, add one month to the dates in the 'Date' column (show the previous month). On the 7th or after, don't modify the date (show current month). Not 100% sure if it will work but worth a shot.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**

**Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

• What are you using for your date range filter? Do you have set to this month? Or do you have it set to All-time?

If it is set to this month, then it will always show the current month regardless of any beast mode you create. I would probably set it to the last 2 months and then use a beast mode to do the toggling between months based on what day of the month it is with a nested case statement.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Thank you both, Mark & Rob. Going to try some of these out and will report back on what works.