Correcting date format in Magic ETL

jhester
jhester Member
edited September 2022 in Magic ETL

Hi all,

First time posting here. I need to know how to correct date formatting within a dataset. The dataset was pulled from Google sheets. As you can see, in ETL the formatting is wrong and inconsistent. How can I correct the format in ETL and make everything streamlined and compatible in the analyzer? Thanks

Answers

• I would first try using the formula tile in Magic ETL and wrap the DATE() function around your field. Domo will convert them to the same format and make your field a date field which you can then use in Analyzer.

DATE(`Start Date`)

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • When looking at your data set what data types does it show for those two fields?

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Hi,

The image in the original post is from the dataset

• @MarkSnodgrass

Hi, are you recommending to implement a beastmode in the ETL? Is that possible?

• You can use the formula tile in the new magic ETL version to apply the DATE function. Alternatively you can use Alter Columns to change the data type of your columns to Dates

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • @jhester yes, the formula tile in magic ETL gives you beast mode functionality within the ETL. You can overwrite existing columns or create new columns. You can find the formula tile under the utility section on the left side.

I have created a video that walks you through using the tile that you may want to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imm06cC69gI

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.