Is there a way to make column headings on the DOMO table cards dynamic?

I have several DOMO [mega] table cards that display data in numerous columns, including a column for last month, this month, next month, and the month after next. Every month I need to go in to the beastmodes and change the title to reflect the change in months. The beastmode formula/data automatically reflects the change in months, but the title of the beastmode does not. I am aware that the data label can be changed in Analyzer, but that too is a manual process and no different than changing the beastmode title. On one card, some of the different column headings are: |July|August|September|October|. Next month, I will need to manually change those four beastmode titles to: |August|September|October|November. Is there a way to make the column headings on a table card dynamic?

Best Answer

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓

@charles , typically we'll see users have Current Month and Previous Month as column titles.

you could still adopt @MichelleH 's suggestion if you limit your dataset via filters to the "last x months" then you can still display months in your columns, and the data filter restricts you to the correct set of months.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Answers

• Hi @charles I do not believe this is an option. Have you considered using a Pivot Table card instead?

• A pivot table would work if I needed the same column in the table for each month, however, I need different columns to be listed. Thank you for the suggestion.

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓

@charles , typically we'll see users have Current Month and Previous Month as column titles.

you could still adopt @MichelleH 's suggestion if you limit your dataset via filters to the "last x months" then you can still display months in your columns, and the data filter restricts you to the correct set of months.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • You could consider using the transpose property on the mega table, which essentially pivots your data without writing beast modes. It would turn something like this:

Into this:

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Great ideas. I am still playing with them, and I think I can get it to work modifying Michelle's idea with jaeW's idea. I will also see if the transpose idea will work, although I am less optimistic, as the table needs to have many different columns. Thanks for the help!