Single Value Card - Footer use Todays Date mysql like a summary number?

Options

I'm creating a card. In the footer can I put something that will reflect today's date?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

Unfortunately, the header and footer only accept static text. You could leverage the smart text feature and have the date built into the title of the card.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

Unfortunately, the header and footer only accept static text. You could leverage the smart text feature and have the date built into the title of the card.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Canioagain
    Canioagain Contributor
    Options

I didn't think so either. Be nice to be able to do that, and use different colors.

I appreciate the alternative solution too.

Thank you

• MichelleH
    Options

Hi @Canioagain, I don't think this is an option for the Single Value Gauge. I suggest trying a Dynamic Textbox card instead: https://domohelp.domo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042924514-Dynamic-Textbox

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    Options

@Canioagain , if you build the date the data was collected into the dataset, maybe you can use a smart text, https://domohelp.domo.com/hc/en-us/articles/4529227357975-Using-Smart-Text

i would strongly urge you to avoid trying to use today() in your card title because IF there was a hiccup in your pipeline and the data hadn't been updated, you'd be misrepresenting the truth. if you build report_date = today() into your ETL, then the timestamp would be as of the last execution time which would always be accurate.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Canioagain
    Canioagain Contributor
    Options

@jaeW_at_Onyx thank you for the suggestion. Definitely not going to put that in the footer :) that was just to help folks visual what I was trying to do.