Multi Tab in excel

How do I see different tabs when I connect an excel file with a few tabs to Domo?

Best Answer

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

That's correct, the file upload feature is a static datasource. You would need to manually update the file anytime new data was needed.

If you are looking for regularly updating a shared file... we have used a sharepoint connector or onedrive connector in those scenarios.

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman

Answers

• Once you drag in your file and it previews the data for you, if there are multiple tabs, the first tab will be selected and there will be a dropdown arrow next to it for you to select a different tab. This will be just above your preview, above column A.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Thanks Mark. O actually used the Excel plug in and not importing the excel file.

• Any suggestions?

• I find that the Excel Plug in is not very flexible. My recommendation would be to use the file upload option from Domo instead.

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • Agree with @ST_-Superman-_ . I believe the Excel plug-in is not very widely used and I'm pretty sure I was told that it is going to be dropped once Domo completes their Microsoft Office Integration that they announced at Domopalooza 2022.

I was able to connect and download a dataset via the Excel plug-in, but then when I clicked on the upload button in the Excel plug-in, it thought it was a new dataset and was not allowing me to update the existing dataset.

To your initial question, if you have multiple tabs, when you are doing anything in the Domo Excel ribbon, it is going to be using whichever worksheet tab is currently clicked on.

Hope this helps.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Thanks for the info. If i use the simple file upload feature, I won't be able to present the changes on the excel file real time, correct? The excel file is a live file that several team members use.

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

That's correct, the file upload feature is a static datasource. You would need to manually update the file anytime new data was needed.

If you are looking for regularly updating a shared file... we have used a sharepoint connector or onedrive connector in those scenarios.