How to represent how many tickets opened by each individual user?

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to pull 2 datasets together correctly. So, one dataset is Users and the other is Tickets. I want to connect Tickets to Users so I can have a single integer connected to a single user to show many tickets a specific individual has opened.

Example:

User_Name Number_Of_Tickets_Opened

Johnson.Sally 2

Smith.John 14

Wilson.Chris 0

I'm not sure if this is something simple that I'm overthinking or something maybe more complex than I am not looking deep enough into.

Any help, ideas, or guidance would be great.

Thanks!

Answers

• Use an ETL to group your tickets dataset based on the identifying column (id / name etc) and do a count on your ticket id field, then use a JOIN to join that with your User table based on your identifying column

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • @Morgan This depends on what you have available in your datasets. If both datasets have a username or some other id column that can be used to identify who the user is, you can use an ETL to do left join between the Tickets table and the Users table. This will then look through your ticket table and attach user record from the user table to the corresponding ticket. Then you can decide whether you want to do the aggregation for the number of tickets in the ETL or in the card.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**

**Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**