How to create a card that includes top 3 rows (based on top 3 values)?

I an trying to create a card that shows the top 3 reasons for termination based on the number of responses for each reason; I would also need it to show all other reasons when you drill down.

The dataset has 2 columns: Reason for termination (10+ reasons), number of responses.

Thank you in advance!

Best Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

You can use a table card and sort on the number of responses ands then in the analyzer settings under filter you can set the number of rows to return to 3.

Doing a drill path to get all of the reasons will be difficult as Domo automatically filters your drill card based on what was selected

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

Hi @svetlana

You could always use a Pie or Donut Chart. Just in the General Chart Properties enter 3 as the maximum slices:

You can even get more details on the "Other" category by just moving your mouse over that pie piece:

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

You can use a table card and sort on the number of responses ands then in the analyzer settings under filter you can set the number of rows to return to 3.

Doing a drill path to get all of the reasons will be difficult as Domo automatically filters your drill card based on what was selected

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Thank you @GrantSmith! It doesn't look like I have the option to return 3 rows in the filter section though, maybe it's somewhere else?

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

Hi @svetlana

You could always use a Pie or Donut Chart. Just in the General Chart Properties enter 3 as the maximum slices:

You can even get more details on the "Other" category by just moving your mouse over that pie piece:

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • @ST_-Superman-_ Thank you so much for including the screen shots, it's a great idea and gets the job done :)

• Using a table card per @GrantSmith you can do something like this:

In this case, I added a Pareto to the drill path, but there is one extra step required in order to view all of the categories. You need to first drill into a single reason,

And then click on the "x" to remove the filter:

Conversely, you could just have the top three table card displayed above this pareto in a dashboard layout: