Matching Snowflake Federated RowCounts to dataset views

Hi all,

Can someone help me understand the Row Count of a Snowflake federated dataset, and when it updates? We have a table in snowflake that has recently been updated to include more rows. The Federated Connection dataset does not show the updated row count. However, dataset views built off of this dataset do show the updated row count.

For example, let's say the Snowflake table is 2500 rows. The Federated dataset is 2450 rows. The dataset view is 2500 rows.

Trying to create an ETL on top of the dataset view and receiving a row count mismatch error, so just trying to understand this better.

Thank you!

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Because you’re using a federated dataset it will only update the information when you query it like in your case with the view.

what happens if you recreate the federated dataset? Does the row count then match?

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Because you’re using a federated dataset it will only update the information when you query it like in your case with the view.

what happens if you recreate the federated dataset? Does the row count then match?

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • MLBV
    MLBV Member

Thank you for your explanation. We want to avoid recreating the federated datasets unless absolutely necessary, so I'm not currently able to answer your row count question. Will let you know if I find out anything else.