Period over Period and global date selector

Jones01
Jones01 Contributor

Hi,

I have noticed if you have any period over period charts in the dashboard and on the global date selector you select a between x date and y date all period over period charts and widgets stop their comparisons to the prior periods. Is this normal?

Thanks

Paul

Answers

• Yes as the data is filtered to that specific range and you no longer have access to the prior period data.

I recommend utilizing a custom period calendar date to allow you to still have the PoP values even if the data has been filtered to a specific time frame. I've written up on this before here: A more flexible way to do Period over Period comparisons

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Jones01
    Jones01 Contributor

Thanks. Yes I think I have read that guide before. To start with I wanted to avoid the added complexities as we are quite new to domo.

for now I think we'll just explain to the users to use the "This year", "Last Month" etc options.

Thanks for replying.

• Jones01
    Jones01 Contributor

After doing some checks I am not sure if this is a bug or not as when you have a POP chart or widget it loses the prior comparisons part when you select between two dates on the global date selector but when you go into the card details they are back.

Please see attached.