Become a Domo Sensei

AnnaYardley
AnnaYardley Community Forums Manager
edited June 2022 in Community Announcements

We're so excited to introduce a new program to Domo's technical community members! This program was built to reward and recognize those who invest so much into the Domo platform.

Our masters of the Domo platform, will now be known as Sensei's, and create valuable content for all users to benefit. Therefore, Domo wants to invest back into you through the Sensei Program. 

Sensei: A title of honor for someone who is a master of their craft and teach others their specialty

How do I become a Sensei?

·     Complete the highest level of technical certification (MajorDomo)

·     Hit super user status on the Dojo (Blue belt or above)

How do I keep status?

·     Write two community blogs per year

·     Speak at one event per year

·     Help one person get certified

What perks do I get?

·     Initiation to the annual Sensei fall retreat

·     Exclusive swag

·     Credly badges

·     Free certification gift

What value do I get?

·     Career growth

·     Industry recognition

·     Community status

·     Networking

We're excited to grow a team of Domo Sensei's. Let us know if you have any further questions about this program in the comments below.

Comments

• Do we need to complete the "How to keep Sensei Status" stuff right after the "How do I become a Sensei?" or is that like after you have been a Sensei for x amount of time.

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!

• AnnaYardley

@Ashleigh, keeping status is a yearly thing. So annually, you will speak at one event (user group, DP, etc.) and write two blog articles. The perks are yearly as well. Let me know if you have any more questions.

• Are both MajorDomo certification and Super User status required to become a Sensei, or is it one or the other?

• AnnaYardley

@MichelleH both MajorDomo certification and Super User status are required to be qualified for the Sensei program.

• What does it mean to "Help one person get certified"?

Is this like a referral program? Or is Domo going to pair up a sensei with someone who is looking for support getting certified?

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman