Batch Last Run Columns with API Updates

Is it possible to configure the Dataset to automatically add a "BATCH_LAST_RUN" column when updated via the API rather than doing it manually within the API program before the update is made?

Thanks,

Will

Tagged:

Answers

• @willrnt

The the BATCH_LAST_RUN is built into the API connector code to populate when the data is imported. You'd have to replicate that in your API program. An alternative is to utilize an ETL to update whenever your dataset is updated to automatically add the timestamp.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Hi @GrantSmith, thanks for the response. I updated my Schema using the API to include a column titled BATCH_LAST_RUN with the timestamp datatype. When I get the dataset information via the api, it recognizes the timestamp has been added to the schema, however it does not show up on the viewable database via domo.com and is similarly breaking API updates to the datasets. I tried the same without underscores before and after, thinking it may be hidden. Do you know anyway to make sure that the Domo User Interface can see updates made to the schema?

• Did you update the schema via the API or just add the new field to your dataset you're attempting to upload? You need to make sure the dataset schema includes the new field otherwise it'll fail.

Domo has an example of this in their pydomo documentation:

What program are you using to access the APIs?

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**