Trigger a workbench job from a sql script

We have a few scripts that run overnight, some run weekly, some daily, and some hourly. Is there a way to allow our workbench jobs to fire off whenever that script is done running? Or would we just have to pad it by a few hours like say it runs every Friday at 11pm, Have the workbench job to run every Saturday at like 6am to give it 7 hours to run?

Tagged:

Answers

• Workbench provides the wb.exe executable which can allow you to run jobs via a command line or a script. You can call it from your script once it's finished with the processing to then call workbench. You can read up on running Workbench from the command line here: https://domohelp.domo.com/hc/en-us/articles/4407022160791-Running-Workbench-5-1#3.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • I did read up on that but what if workbench is installed on one server and the sql jobs run on a different server? is that possible?

• The script would have to be on the same server as the workbench installation for it to work. Alternatively you could have a separate script to ping the status of the SQL job to determine if it's done and then kick off the workbench process to ingest the data.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Hey so quick question on this. I get the CLI command to run this but I was wondering, what about running a group schedule via this method? Does a group schedule itself have a job id which I can reference for this? Or would I have to just call this command on each of the jobs within the schedule?