Drill down to a separate dataset - matched by column?

I am trying to create a card that drills down to another dataset, but matches values based on a specific column in order to show rows for the selected category.

For example, the card categorizes employees based on country (dataset A). When I click on US employees, I want the card to drill only show me US employees BUT using dataset B to do so. Basically, this would require some sort of match by column, but I have no idea how to do it.

P.S. it has to be a different dataset due to PDP settings.

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi @svetlana

You can use a different dataset in your drill path card however if you wish to have the filter applied to the drill path card your filter field needs to be named the same within the two datasets.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • svetlana
    svetlana Member
    edited May 2022

Hi Grant, thank you for your reply!

I just renamed both columns in both datasets to be the same (country & employee ID), yet when I try to drill down I get this: "An invalid column was specified in your request (the column does not exist on the dataset)"

Do you have an idea why it's happening?

(I refreshed both pages)

• Does your card display properly when editing your drill path? Do you have any beast modes on your drill path card that would reference a column which no longer exists?

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Does your card display properly when editing your drill path? Yes

Do you have any beast modes on your drill path card that would reference a column which no longer exists? No

• mhouston
    mhouston Contributor

@svetlana do you have any filters applied in your top level card on columns that do not exist in your drill path card?

This has tripped me up before - when you drill down all the filters from your top level card are carried through (even though you don't see them explicitly) so if any don't exist on your drill path card dataset, it won't work.

• svetlana
    svetlana Member
    edited May 2022

@mhouston I was just verifying that a few min ago - all identical. I think that it might be some other problem. Just got off a call with TSM and they couldn't figure out what's going on. We will try again tomorrow.

Thank you!