Date_Format Fiscal week number and Year

Hi All,

I am using the Graph by capability in DOMO Visualize and I want to get a filter to display WEEK 24 -2020 , WEEK 25- 2020 ......WEEK 17 -2022 in descending order

I tried this DATE_FORMAT(`SHIP_DATE`,'%Y-%w') ....But its not correct..Can you please let me know how to go about this..

Thanks,

ozarkram

Tagged:

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

Try this in a beast mode

DATE_FORMAT(`yourdatefield`,'Week-%U %X')

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• You shouldn't need to format your date as you can use the date range filter and choose to graph by week.

You can then put your date column in the sorting properties and sort descending. It should display like this.

• Hi @MarkSnodgrass : Appreciate your response!...I also want to display it as a quick filter as I have data from 2019 ...Thats where I am facing the problem

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

Try this in a beast mode

DATE_FORMAT(`yourdatefield`,'Week-%U %X')

• Hi @MarkSnodgrass ..This really works!...Also can you please let me know if the values in the quick filter can be sorted in descending order..I am not able to do the same..It is currently displaying as Week 01 2019 Week 01 2020 Week 01 2021

• Unfortunately, there are no sorting options for quick filters. It treats everything as strings and shows them in descending order. You would need to have the year first followed by the week number to avoid having all of the week ones grouped together, but you will still be stuck with it being in ascending order. Quick filters do have a search function built into it so the user can search for 2022, for example to quickly limit the items they are seeing.

Hope this helps.

• Thank you so much @MarkSnodgrass ...Really appreciate your help!