Year-Over-Year comparison by month

I have a dataset where each row contains a single office's monthly revenue and I want a table where each column is a different month where I can compare the year-over-year values as well as office by office.

Here's the data:

And I'd like to create a DOMO table that looks like this:

It seems like it shouldn't be that difficult but I can't seem to make it happen.

Comments

• Have you tried using a pivot table card and creating a beast mode for the month using MONTH() and a beast mode for the year using YEAR() and put both of them in the columns section of the card and then your office in the rows section and the revenue in the value?

That seems like that should work.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • @MarkSnodgrass I have, but I cannot seem to get the same month of different years next to each other. It never alternates the way I want. I see all of 2022 then all of 2021 regardless of their order

• I just used the COVID dataset as a test and it seemed to work. Here is how my pivot table is constructed.

Here are my two beast mode functions:

monthdate = MONTH(`date`)

yeardate = YEAR(`date`)

Is that how yours is constructed? You need the month and year as separate fields.

• It's so bizarre. I'm using the exact same calculations for year and month.

• That is strange. You may want to check your date range filter and make sure it is graphing by none.

Also, sometimes I have to remove the sorting and re-add it. Or close the card and re-add it.

• Woah.. that made all the difference. I was limiting the data to the last 12 months! Thank you for all your help!!!