Reach

Hi DC,

Has anyone ever successfully configured the Reach metric from Facebook in Domo? I mean to be able to pull through the correct unique reach value whether the granularity is total for month, total for ad campaign or reach per day?

To date, no matter how much time we have put into this along with Domo, we have not been able to find a solution. Facebook does not provide any information on how to do this either. So I'm wondering has anyone ever successfully set it up and if so, how did you do this so I can pass the information on to support?

Thanks in advance.

Shiel.

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi @shielmunroe,

Reach measures how many unique people saw your content. This is calculated on Facebook's end. Whatever granularity you pass to Facebook (Month, Day etc) is what it uses to calculate the uniqueness. So if I happen to view your content twice in a month on two separate days I'd have 2 records of 1 for each day. If I aggregated that after pulling the data in it'd count me twice (1+1) instead of just once. If you do it on a monthly aggregation then facebook will realize it's unique across the entire month.

You'll need to decide how you're utilizing the data to determine which granularity you need but you can't aggregate the unique count after it's been pulled as you'll likely double count your metric.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Hi GrantSmith,

Thank you for coming back to me. This is the approach we have tried. Using 'monthly' breakdown to achieve total reach for each month, 'all_days' for bar graphs showing reach by day, etc. The problem is when we pull it through to the reporting dashboard. No matter what way we do it the data aggregates. Beyond this we then need to pull it in to a table to align with all other values, like impressions and clicks, but to do this we need to pull through start and end date as well to reflect an ad campaign. Each individual data set seems to work but when we use them in the environment we need them to be they aggregate.