Adding a cumulative total line in a multi line chart in Domo

snguyen
snguyen Member
edited May 2022 in Charting

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how to add a cumulative total line chart in a multi-line chart? I have 3 different lines that I want to show on the same line graph and I want to sum up the 3 lines and put that line on the same graph so a total of 4 line on a single graph. For example, Blue = 1, Yellow = 2, Red = 3, and I want to show the total of Blue, yellow, and red ~ 6 on the same graph. Thank you!

Thanks.

Tagged:

Answers

• snguyen
    snguyen Member

Sorry, I meant to say cumulative total say for example A = 2, B = 3, C = 5. I want to show A, B, C and the total of ABC ~ 10 on the same multi line graph.

• You can use a beast mode to add all three values together and plot that as your fourth value

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • snguyen
    snguyen Member

I'm new to Domo, how would I go about doing that?

• Create a beast mode and just add your values together:

`Field 1` + `Field 2` + `Field 3`

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Diana
    Diana Member

I am struggling with something similar so let me ask this in a different way. I have a multiline chart and the lines are a series. I created a beast mode to get my series grouped into categories. I can now see the lines for the categories, but I want to add a line to my chart that shows the overall total for all the data that is broken out in the series. Does that make sense? I assume this is something easy to do, but I can't seem to find the solution after a few days of revisiting this.

• I would suggest adding a segment to show your total line. You can click on Add Dynamic Segment, select A, B, C. etc.., and assign a color for the line. Then drag the field into the segment field, which will become available after a segment is created.

You can read the KB article about segments here: https://domohelp.domo.com/hc/en-us/articles/4403089503383-Creating-Segments-in-Analyzer

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.