Syntax of ANOVAF(), ANOVAP() and TTEST()

Godiepi
Godiepi Coach
edited May 2022 in Magic ETL

These functions are supported in the Fx Tile in Magic.

Does anyone have some syntax examples ? The function requires an aggregation context suggesting a group by action

Domo Arigato!

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
**Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'

Answers

• Not sure if you have already seen this here: https://domohelp.domo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044289573-Supported-Functions-in-the-New-Magic-ETL

Function Name

Description

Example

ANOVAF

Returns the F-value of a one-way Analysis of Variance of the samples. At least two samples must be provided, and each sample must have at least two non-null values. Note that a one-way ANOVA on two samples is equivalent to the Student's t-test (see the TTEST function).

See also: ANOVAP()

ANOVAF(sample1,sample2[,sample3[,...,sampleN]])

ANOVAP

Returns the p-value of a one-way Analysis of Variance of the samples. At least two samples must be provided, and each sample must have at least two non-null values. Note that a one-way ANOVA on two samples is equivalent to the Student's t-test (see the TTEST function).

See also: ANOVAF()

ANOVAP(sample1,sample2[,sample3[,...,sampleN]])

TTEST

Returns the p-value result of a Student's t-test. Arguments sample1 and sample2 are two numeric columns with at least 2 non-null values each. The tails argument is either 1 or 2, indicating a one- or two-tailed test. The type argument is a number 1 through 3. Type 1 is a paired sample test; for this type of test, values in both sample1 and sample2 must be non-null or be ignored. Type 2 is for two samples with the assumption of equal variance. Type 3 is for two samples without the assumption of equal variance.

TTEST(sample1,sample2,tails,type)

These were under Statistical Functions

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Thanks Mark, I saw the article but I am looking more for an example

Domo Arigato!

• @GrantSmith / @jaeW_at_Onyx

Have you ever used any of these functions in Magic ?

Domo Arigato!

• Update: I figured it out.. looks like in magic , the function needs to be added within the Group by tile add formula providing at least 2 fields containing the samples to analyze

Domo Arigato!

• maxm
    maxm Member
    edited February 28

Hi @Godiepi, could you provide a small example on how to specify the samples inside the group by formula? Say I Group By groupand have the variable turnoverthat specifies the samples for group=1 and group=2. Then I take TTEST( x, y, 1, 2)- how do I chose x and y?