Number of dashboard visits

Hi!

I am facing an issue, and I wondered if there is a way to solve it.

I manage many dashboards, and the client wants to see how many users visit them.

I know there are five datasets belonging to DomoMetrics, but none deal with the dashboard visits, so the DomoStats cannot help me either. I am saying this because I noticed that the views counter doesn't increase when I load the dashboard, but it used to. It grows when I expand the card only.

From this perspective, this mechanism may NOT work in those cases when users don't expand any of the cards.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Alex

Best Answer

• Godiepi
    Godiepi Coach
    Answer ✓

@levand ,

What @GrantSmith is referring to is the [Activity Log] report from Domo Stats.

It contains all activity in the Domo instance. Look into it for the field [Action] = 'VIEWED' and [Object Type] = 'PAGE' then the [Object_ID] and [Object_Name] will tell you what Dashboard was VIEWED by 'X' User ... [Event_Time] will tell you when that action happened.

It is just a matter of getting familiar with that dataset and looking closer at things, everything is there like GrantSmith says

Domo Arigato!

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'

Answers

• Have you looked into the activity log dataset from DomoStats? That’ll tell you everything that happens in your instance.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • levand
    levand Member

Hi @GrantSmith,

I specified it in my initial post. Is there something else you can add?

• Godiepi
    Godiepi Coach
    Answer ✓

@levand ,

What @GrantSmith is referring to is the [Activity Log] report from Domo Stats.

It contains all activity in the Domo instance. Look into it for the field [Action] = 'VIEWED' and [Object Type] = 'PAGE' then the [Object_ID] and [Object_Name] will tell you what Dashboard was VIEWED by 'X' User ... [Event_Time] will tell you when that action happened.

It is just a matter of getting familiar with that dataset and looking closer at things, everything is there like GrantSmith says

Domo Arigato!

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'
  • levand
    levand Member

I see it now. Thank you for the clarification! That dataset you both mentioned is precisely what I need!