Color Code a Beast mode column in the table

Hi All,

I have a beast mode column by the name ( % Aloc on 3yr sale) which I have renamed in the table as (%3yrsale) and I have to highlight the values in the table to be orange or mild red...Can you please let me know how to go about the beast mode for the same..

Tagged:

Best Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Hi @ozarkram

you can use an HTML table and some conditional coding in a beast mode to accomplish this. I have a talk at DP22 about this topic and did a write up here: https://dojo.domo.com/discussion/54554/dp22-using-beast-mode-to-build-data-storytelling-formatting-text

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

I would suggest using the Heatmap Table chart type under Tables and Textboxes in the chart selector.

In the chart properties, make the following adjustments:

Under Theme, select a color theme that has the range of colors you want to use.

Under Scale, select Independent Column Ranges, so that each column will be colored independently.

Under General, enter the column number or range of columns you want colored. You can enter a range, such as 3-12, or you can separte them by commas, such as 1, 2, 4

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

You chose Heat Map for your chart type, which is actually different from the Heat Map Table. On the right side, choose Tables and Textboxes from the Chart Types dropdown list. Then choose Heatmap table for the chart type.

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

@ozarkram you have an extra closing parentheses at the ends of sum(`LY SALES`). There should only be one

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Hi @ozarkram

you can use an HTML table and some conditional coding in a beast mode to accomplish this. I have a talk at DP22 about this topic and did a write up here: https://dojo.domo.com/discussion/54554/dp22-using-beast-mode-to-build-data-storytelling-formatting-text

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

I would suggest using the Heatmap Table chart type under Tables and Textboxes in the chart selector.

In the chart properties, make the following adjustments:

Under Theme, select a color theme that has the range of colors you want to use.

Under Scale, select Independent Column Ranges, so that each column will be colored independently.

Under General, enter the column number or range of columns you want colored. You can enter a range, such as 3-12, or you can separte them by commas, such as 1, 2, 4

• Hi @GrantSmith ,

I have an error in this formula below:

CONCAT('<span style="color: ',

CASE WHEN SUM(`BAM ALOC`)/sum(`LY SALES`) <> 0 THEN 'red' ELSE 'green' END,

SUM(`BAM ALOC`)/sum(`LY SALES`)),

'</span>’)

Can you please help me here..

• Hi @MarkSnodgrass : Appreciate your response!..

When I try to select the heatmap table the entire dataset changes to a heatmap....I am not able to see the chart properties at all.....

• Within Analyzer, make sure Properties is selected. This will allow you to adjust the chart properties. You will then want to go to General and enter in which columns you want to apply the heatmap to as I referenced above.

• Hi @MarkSnodgrass , Following are the options available in my general option

font Size Default

Inner Margin 

Balanced Distribution  

Disable Animation  

Override Maximum Value 

Reverse Color Direction  

No Data Message 

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

You chose Heat Map for your chart type, which is actually different from the Heat Map Table. On the right side, choose Tables and Textboxes from the Chart Types dropdown list. Then choose Heatmap table for the chart type.

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

@ozarkram you have an extra closing parentheses at the ends of sum(`LY SALES`). There should only be one

• Thank you so much @GrantSmith and @MarkSnodgrass !..Really appreciate your help!