How to see which account has the greatest increase in activity

I have a card that looks at how many hours our operators spends on each customers account. The X axis has the account name/number and the y axis shows how many total hours we have spent over the time period (which for the card is year to date).

The columns that we are using from the data set include: account name/number, date the phone call with our rep happened, and the handle time of the phone call.

I am trying to figure out which account has seen the largest increase % of activity from month to month or week to week. The purpose behind this is to identify customers that are requiring extra attention before they become a problem.

Any thoughts on how to accomplish this?

Answers

• I'd recommend formatting your data with a date dimension offset so you can calculate YoY and MoM more easily and have them displayed on your chart. You can then sort those percentages and see which clients require the most attention. I've done a write up of how to do this here: https://dojo.domo.com/discussion/53481/a-more-flexible-way-to-do-period-over-period-comparisons#latest

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • I forgot to mention that the data that I am pulling is coming from a Snowflake Federated Dataset, which from my understanding I can't manipulate with ETL and SQL tools?

• You'll need to do your calculations within snowflake as Domo can only read data from a federated connection and not performa any ETL on that data.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    edited May 2022

@thwartted if you can't transform the data take a look at period over period charts or flexline charts

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"