How do I determine what dashboards use a given card?

Dr_Duru
Dr_Duru Member
edited March 2023 in Cards, Dashboards, Stories

I am doing a large audit of our Domo implementation. I want to use card activity to determine whether upstream datasets and dataflows are still needed. However, the Activity log only counts a card view if a user opens the card. So far, I can't find anywhere that tells me the card was viewed in a dashboard or even know what dashboards use the card? Does Domo provide such capability?

Best Answers

• Dr_Duru
    Dr_Duru Member
    Answer ✓

Which specific report has this info? I've looked at the dataset and pages reports and don't see any card info. Attached screenshots of my available options.

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Apologies, it should have been the Domo Governance connector and not the DomoStats connector that would have the Cards and Pages dataset.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• You can use the DomoStsts connector to get the Cards and pages dataset which will tell you all the cards on a page

• OK. But I need to go from a card to a dashboard. I want to answer what dashboards use a given card?

• It lists the card and page on each row in the dataset so you can go card -> page and page -> card you'd just need to filter on the appropriate column.

• Dr_Duru
    Dr_Duru Member
    Answer ✓

Which specific report has this info? I've looked at the dataset and pages reports and don't see any card info. Attached screenshots of my available options.

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Apologies, it should have been the Domo Governance connector and not the DomoStats connector that would have the Cards and Pages dataset.

• OK. Got it. I see the data now. Thanks!