Is there a way to create a copy of dataset (Not data flow)?

Answers

• You can use the Dataset Copy connector to copy a dataset. Go to the data center and click on connectors and search for dataset copy.

https://domohelp.domo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043436533-DataSet-Copy-DataSet-Connector

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • First of all, this is very helpful.

However, this is not exactly what I need. I am hoping to create a copy of instance then change the settings. For example, copy a SQL dataset then make some changes on SQL query.

• If you are talking about changing a SQL query, then are you talking about a dataset created in Domo Workbench? Where would you be making the SQL changes?

• Please see below.

• There really isn't a copy function for datasets. You just have to create a new connection and copy and paste details over to your new one.

The Java CLI command tool might be able to do it. Honestly, though, it would take more time to figure out the correct syntax than it would just to make a new connector that I just described.

• +1 @MarkSnodgrass

Yes you can duplicate connectors using APIs, but getting the syntax correct is such a hassle. Unless you have tens of connectors, just going through the process would probably be most time efficient.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Go to your existing data set connector settings and copy the Code that is in that same box and paste it into your new connector.

Data Set -> Settings -> Data Selection -> Query Preview (Copy)

Paste in the new connector with an option that has the SQL query.

I'm new and have only used the salesforce connectors so far, but hopefully, that translates.