As an Admin, how do I certify my own dataset?

Dr_Duru
Dr_Duru Member
edited March 2023 in Governance & Security

I am stuck on the certification process. The text says press "start" to begin, but I only see cancel (three dots), details (a button), and "send reminder." How do I proceed? {screenshot attached}

Here is what I did to get here:

1. Took ownership of a dataset
  2. Submitted dataset for certification
  3. Went to the Certification Center to review the queue (I never received a notification)

On a related note, as an admin can I just certify a dataset directly or does certification always start with a request?

Answers

• Are you the co-owner, or the sole owner? It looks as though you need to be the owner of the dataset to request certification.

Only DataSet owners—not co-owners—can start the certification process for the DataSet. If a request for certification is submitted by someone other than the owner, a message is sent to the owner informing them that certification has been requested.

https://domohelp.domo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043430613-Certifying-Cards-and-DataSets

Also, what does your certification process look like for certifying a dataset. You can click on the wrench in the certification center and then edit the certification to view the process to make sure it is in line with what you were expecting.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • I changed ownership to make myself the sole owner.

The certification process is set up to make me the sole approver.

So the certification process is strange when I am the sole administrator and also responsible for doing all the certification. Ideally, I could just directly provide certification without going through the request step.

• I know I have certified my own datasets. I don't get an e-mail notification, but I am able to go to the certification center and approve it.

• I am also able to certify a dataset that I created. It looks like the bug is in trying to certify a dataset where I first changed ownership to myself.

• That does seem like a bug if you are now the current owner and it won't let you certify it. I would submit a ticket to support and have them look at it and hopefully they can create a fix for you.

A temporary workaround would create a new ETL and that just has an input dataset and output dataset. If you create that, it should see you as the only owner ever on it and you should be able to certify that dataset.

• I will submit a ticket. The work-around should work but it would cause a lot of overhead given the number of certifications I need to do.