Maintaining header rows and columns when uploading dataset?

I have a table in excel which has both header columns and header rows. I want to build a dashboard so salespeople can pick which columns they want to display in the table to give to clients. When I upload the dataset to Domo, I select crosstab, but then all of my columns are lost and rows are duplicated for each column. Is there a way to maintain the table's format with all the columns intact?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓

@jrtomici

what is a "header row". if it's a column that labels or identifies a row, in traditional database nomenclature we'd just call that the row_id or primary_key.

if that's the case, then there's no reason to import as a crosstab. just import it as a normal dataset. then you can use filters to choose which rows to show and column headers to choose which columns to display.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Answers

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓

@jrtomici

what is a "header row". if it's a column that labels or identifies a row, in traditional database nomenclature we'd just call that the row_id or primary_key.

if that's the case, then there's no reason to import as a crosstab. just import it as a normal dataset. then you can use filters to choose which rows to show and column headers to choose which columns to display.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"