Take large text input as field for filtering?

I have a slicer card to filter zip codes for a large data set. There is a search bar field for finding zip codes to filter by, but say I had a large list/string of zip codes and I wanted to select all of them for filtering. Is there a way to paste this list into a search field to filter them all, instead of selecting each one individually in the slicer?

Answers

• Someone else had a similar question and I suggested creating a beast mode like this to filter to the list of values. Not sure it will work for your use case, but may help.

1. Create a beast mode that has your e-mail addresses by using a case statement like:

CASE WHEN 'email' IN (<your list of e-mail addresses>) THEN 'Y' ELSE 'N' END

You would need to have single quotes around each of your e-mail addresses. I tend to use Excel to quickly concatenate single quotes around something. You would then just copy and your addresses into the IN statement. 

Here's a link to the original thread to give you some more context.

https://dojo.domo.com/discussion/50824/filter-by-multiple-values-filter-by-using-a-list-of-values

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Hi Mark,

Thanks for the answer. This card is part of a dashboard that will be accessed by various salespersons. These salespersons are not familiar with SQL and need an intuitive interface for filtering the data. The list of zip codes is not static either, the list will change depending on who is using the dashboard and what data they are looking for. Is there a solution for pasting a list of values into a user interface of some kind?

• Unfortunately not. Would be a nice enhancement. Not sure if it has been submitted in the Ideas Exchange, but would be worth adding. I know you're not the only one who could benefit from this type of feature.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.