How to create separate filter sets in one dashboard?

Options
svetlana
svetlana Member
edited March 2023 in Scheduled Reports

I am creating a dashboard that will be divided into two sections and I would like to add separate filters to each section. I can't figure out a way to do this =/

Thank you in advance for your help!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can use some of the slicer cards that are found under the filter chart types to do some of your filtering.

You can then change the interaction of those slicer cards by editing your dashboard, clicking on Edit Content on the slicer card and choose change interaction. In here, you can select which cards should respond to the filter.

If you are using filter views, when adding a field to filter on, if there is an arrow next to it, you can click on that arrow and select which dataset should be used. Only cards tied to that dataset will be filtered when that filter is applied.

Hope this helps.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can use some of the slicer cards that are found under the filter chart types to do some of your filtering.

You can then change the interaction of those slicer cards by editing your dashboard, clicking on Edit Content on the slicer card and choose change interaction. In here, you can select which cards should respond to the filter.

If you are using filter views, when adding a field to filter on, if there is an arrow next to it, you can click on that arrow and select which dataset should be used. Only cards tied to that dataset will be filtered when that filter is applied.

Hope this helps.

• svetlana
    Options

Mark, thank you SO MUCH! Worked like magic :)

• MarkSnodgrass
    Options

Great to hear @svetlana . If you can mark my answer as accepted, that will help others in the community.