Text Summary Number

I have a dashboard where I am using several summary numbers in a text box. For each number when I save the page I see a dotted/dashed line under the number. Is there a way to not show this dashed line? Any formatting that I need here?

This picture has an example of it, the dashed lined under the $496M number:

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

You shouldn't have to do a lot of concatenating. In the value property, set that to currency.

In the general properties, choose Abbreviate Values.

This should make your value show $496M.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• I would suggest using the Dynamic Textbox card to display this type of information as it doesn't put the underline in it. You can see this thread where someone asked the same question: https://dojo.domo.com/discussion/53732/summary-number-format-in-notebook-card

Hope this helps.

• I see the option of the Dynamic Textbox but that seems to be limited. For example my value is $496,000,000. With a Summary Number I can just select abbreviate and I get $496M. But with a Dynamic card I have to divide by 1000000 and then I can concatenate the 'M' but how do I make the $496 and the 'M' all the same color?

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

You shouldn't have to do a lot of concatenating. In the value property, set that to currency.

In the general properties, choose Abbreviate Values.

This should make your value show $496M.

• That helps. Thank you. I missed the abbreviate in the Chart Properties. Thanks for your answer here.