Is it possible to set 12 complete months rolling date range?

I need to show completed months data only in a rolling 12 month cycle. Is this possible using date range filters? "Previous 12 months" includes current month which is incomplete and not required. I'm using between dates at the moment but this means I have to remember and change them the beginning of every month.

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

For reference here's a beast mode I like to use with LAST_DAY to determine if the date value is in the current month.

CASE WHEN LAST_DAY(CURRENT_DATE) = LAST_DAY(`date`) THEN 'Current Month' ELSE 'Not Current Month' END

LAST_DAY returns the last day in the month for a given date. CURRENT_DATE returns the current date

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• Hi @Katie_Forrest_2022

you can set it to the last 13 months and then use a beast mode to calculate if any dates are doing the current month and exclude them with a filter.

• Hi @GrantSmith , that sounds like a great solution! I'll work on my beastmodes and get back if I need any additional support. Thanks for your super quick response 😊

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

For reference here's a beast mode I like to use with LAST_DAY to determine if the date value is in the current month.

CASE WHEN LAST_DAY(CURRENT_DATE) = LAST_DAY(`date`) THEN 'Current Month' ELSE 'Not Current Month' END

LAST_DAY returns the last day in the month for a given date. CURRENT_DATE returns the current date

• Thanks Grant, input the formula into my cards and working well!!😄