Is there an API for viewing and manipulating DataSet tags?

Hi, we would like to do something via the API where we search for DataSets with specific tags and also add and remove tags for DataSets. I have been reading through the docs for the DataSet API but I couldn't find any info for how to do this (or if it's even possible). I also skimmed through the other topics in the API docs but I couldn't see anything that seemed like it was related so I thought I'd check here to see if people more knowledgeable than I might be able to point me in the right direction.

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• mhouston
    mhouston Contributor
    Answer ✓

There is an API but it's not documented in the API docs (that I have seen). I worked with the third party support team to help me when I needed a curl request to get the dataset tags from the datasets.

The API url was  https://yourinstance.domo.com/api/data/ui/v3/datasources/search

• Thanks a ton for responding. That's interesting. So it's using the UI API and not the DataSet API? Do you know what the endpoint is to be able to add and remove tags?

• Just as a follow up... Since you mentioned that it was using the UI API I thought I'd check my browser's developer tools to see if that same API is being used and it looks like it is with some additional endpoints. Are those available to get called as well? How did you set up the authentication with the CURL request? Did you use an API key or did you set up a cookie?

• mhouston
    mhouston Contributor

@jlrosenlof I have not done anything yet with adding/removing tags - it's (low) on my to-do list. I'd probably either sniff the network traffic while doing it manually or just reach out to the third party support to get that endpoint info.

As far authentication I did that with the X-DOMO-Developer-Token and the API token in the header of the CURL request.

• @mhouston Thanks a ton for all your help. Just two final questions, if I could...

For the authentication, you mentioned that you use the X-DOMO-Developer-Token and the API token in the header of the CURL request. Where did you get those tokens. I'm familiar with the Domo API where you get a client ID and secret but it sounds like you're talking about some different things. Where can I get the tokens that you're talking about?

Finally, when you mention third party support is that the Domo support that I can get to from the Help Center (domo-support.domo.com)?

Thanks again for all of your help.

• mhouston
    mhouston Contributor
    Answer ✓

The 'X-DOMO-Developer_token' is the argument header i.e. headers = {

'X-DOMO-Developer-Token': developertokenhere,

'Content-Type': 'application/json'

}

The developer token is generated in admin -> authentication --> access token (https://domohelp.domo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042934494-Managing-Access-Tokens).

Third party support is separate from the domo support portal. You can put in a ticket through the portal and they can redirect it or you can reach out to third party support via connectorhelp@domo.com

• @mhouston Thanks so much for all of your help. You've helped me get going in the right direction and I've got a path forward. Thanks!

• mhouston
    mhouston Contributor

@jlrosenlof glad I could help!