Linking Back to Original Data Source

How can I provide a link at the end of the drill path that will allow the user to go to the original data source? For example, I use a Salesforce connector and build a card off of that. The user drills down to the raw data and then click on a link that will send the user to the original data set in the Salesforce website.

Best Answer

• swyatt
    swyatt Contributor
    Answer ✓

Hello,

I would suggest creating a data table manually so that you can implement this formula into a column:

CONCAT('<a href="', `link`, '" target="_blank">', `description`, '</a>')

When the user selects a field they will transition to the necessary site. Let me know if you need more clarification.

Answers

• Godzilla
    Godzilla Contributor

If you know how to construct the salesforce URL for each record, then i would just include the URL in the datasource. since you want let the user drill all the way down to the data, then the URL has to be stored as one of the fields in your dataset for it to show up in the drill through.

Domo Arigato!

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'
  • swyatt
    swyatt Contributor
    Answer ✓

Hello,

I would suggest creating a data table manually so that you can implement this formula into a column:

CONCAT('<a href="', `link`, '" target="_blank">', `description`, '</a>')

When the user selects a field they will transition to the necessary site. Let me know if you need more clarification.

This discussion has been closed.