Is it possible to create a combo chart in the tiles?

matty123Kn
matty123Kn Member
edited March 2022 in Charting

I cannot create combo charts for the tiles (like you can in excel) where I can select the data for each axis, the data is automatically assigned (mostly to the wrong axis) or i cannot assign it at all. Is there a way round this?

Can anyone help with this? Thanks

Answers

• Domo calls combo charts Line + Bar charts. In a standard implementation, the value put in the y-axis becomes the line and then the series becomes the bar. You can have multiple lines by entering a value in the General chart properties "series on left scale". It will then use the y-axis and the first item in the series if you entered 2, for example.

I created a video about this that may help you.

https://youtu.be/JlTJ6z401r4

Hope this helps.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • @MarkSnodgrass

This was incredibly helpful thanks so much! Didn't realise it was that easy.

To confirm for others you have to go to [Chart types - Line + grouped Bar] then Head to chart properties and General and change the values on scale.

Whereas Excel is a drag and drop, you need to tell Domo before you add a new variable.

• @matty123Kn glad I was able to help. If you can accept any answers that helped you, that will help others in the community.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.