Multiple Date Fields and Filters

I have one table with two date fields: date-1 and date-2. I would like to configure two filters such that filter-1 operates on date-1 and filter-2 operates on date-2. Is this possible?

My experiments so far have yielded inconsistent results. I'm not sure how to control the mapping between dates and filters.

Thanks!

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

If you go into the analyzer for each card (or slider), click on the date range in the top right. This will tell you which field the card is using for the date and you can change it to what you want the card to use. This may be your issue.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• You might need to give some examples of your filters, but you can add multiple fields into the quick filters, which may accomplish what you need.

Another idea that may help you is to create a beast mode for a date. For example:

IFNULL(date1,date2)

This would use date2 for the date field if date1 was null.

Hope this helps.

• Gotcha. Thanks for the feedback.

I'm referring to the range selector (slider) and calendar date selector objects that I've embedded in a client dashboard (visible to end users).

For example, every record in the underlying dataset has a 'create date' and an 'end date'. The calendar selector should allow users to initially filter the dashboard based on 'create date', then the range selector can be used to further restrict the data by 'end date'. Being able to see the relationship between the two dates and manipulate them real-time is a very impactful visualization.

In this case both dates are always defined; however, I can't seem to figure out how to 'tell' the calendar selector to only interact with the creation date field and 'tell' the range slider to only interact with end date field. Domo seems to be making the decision automatically, under-the-hood, resulting in inconsistent behavior among cards (some work as expected, some don't).

I think I'm overlooking a simple setting somewhere. I would expect both filter objects to have a configuration setting that specifies which date field they map to. I'm brand new to Domo and still learning my way around the UI.

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

If you go into the analyzer for each card (or slider), click on the date range in the top right. This will tell you which field the card is using for the date and you can change it to what you want the card to use. This may be your issue.

• @MarkSnodgrass Ah ...thank you! It seems quite obvious now that I see it :)