Domo Buzz notifications

IanMaddrell
IanMaddrell Member
edited March 2023 in Governance & Security

Hi

In Domo Buzz you can start a conversation about a dashboard. But, having tested it, no one who the card is shared with gets told about the conversation unless each individual is @ mentioned in the chat. Is there a setting which alerts all of the people that a measure in the dahboard has been updated?

Thanks

Ian

Best Answer

• mhouston
    mhouston Contributor
    Answer ✓

You can also use @all to mention everyone in the conversation.

Answers

• Currently it won't send a buzz, likely because that'd be a lot of unnecessary buzz messages users would get. If you're looking to configure a notification when a measure changes have you thought about utilizing an alert to send out a notification to a group that way?

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • It's a good suggestion. But what I was trying to do was to tell all of the people who had access to a dashboard that I had added some extra cards to the dashboard. I know I can @ mention everyone with access, but I was just wondering if there was an option to send a message to everyone. I guess not.

• You can do an @ mention to a group name, so if you know the name of the group or groups that have access to the dashboard, that should notify all of them. It would be a good suggestion for the idea exchange to have a @page or something to notify everyone that has access to the page.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • mhouston
    mhouston Contributor
    Answer ✓

You can also use @all to mention everyone in the conversation.

• Thanks @mhouston , that sounds like a great solution.