How do I know if a dataset is using Basic or Advanced Scheduling?

I have a dataset with Basic Scheduling set for every day at 7am UTC. On the Advanced Scheduling tab it's set for once a day at 12:54AM UTC. I happen to know that it's only running the 7am schedule from Basic. But how would I know this without looking at the history? There's no on/off toggle between basic and advanced. How can you know reliably that it's using one vs the other just by looking at the schedule?

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

I agree that it is a bit confusing. When you go to the scheduling section of your dataset, if it is actually using Advanced, it will show you that first when you click on scheduling. If it is not using advanced, it will show you the basic. If you click on Advanced, it defaults to putting in the current time (in UTC) in the time portion of the schedule. If you click Save when you are on the Advanced tab, it will start using the Advanced settings. If you click Save when you are on the Basic tab, it will use the Basic settings.

Hope this helps.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

I agree that it is a bit confusing. When you go to the scheduling section of your dataset, if it is actually using Advanced, it will show you that first when you click on scheduling. If it is not using advanced, it will show you the basic. If you click on Advanced, it defaults to putting in the current time (in UTC) in the time portion of the schedule. If you click Save when you are on the Advanced tab, it will start using the Advanced settings. If you click Save when you are on the Basic tab, it will use the Basic settings.

Hope this helps.

• So whichever tab is showing when you save is the schedule it runs on. Sounds more like a lucky coincidence than a design 😁. Good to know, thanks for answering.

• I agree that it could be improved and it is more obvious to the end user which type of scheduling is being used.

Glad it helped. If you can mark the answer as accepted, it will help others in the community that have the same question.