Is there any way to find how many times a dataset/dataflow has failed?

ankt84
ankt84 Member
edited April 2023 in Governance & Security

Hello everyone,

I am building a table view card that shows the owner name, dataset/dataflow name, no of times it has failed, and timestamp when it has failed.

I got the first two columns but how do I find the other two columns: Number of failures and Timestamp?

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    edited February 2022

Hi @ankt84

You can find this information using the DomoStats connector and pulling the DataFlow History report. It'll list all the executions for all your data flows so it'll show if it failed and when it failed.

https://domohelp.domo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043433813-DomoStats-Connector#4.6. has more information on this specific connector and report.

There's also a report for DataSet History as well with that connector.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • ankt84
    ankt84 Member
    edited February 2022

Thanks @GrantSmith

Let me have a look.

• Use an ETL to group it based on the ID and the status and then count the IDs. This will break down your dataset based on the statuses and give you a count. You can filter out then for specific codes

Alternatively if you're using a beast mode you could do a conditional sum:

SUM(CASE WHEN `Status` = 'Failed' THEN 1 ELSE 0 END)

• That is working fine in case Dataflow but How do I do that in the case of Dataset?

The available status codes in Dataset History are Active, Error, Invalid, Success, and Unknown. How should I define a failed dataset?

Thanks

• It depends on how your company wants to define success but I'd recommend 'Invalid' and 'Success'

SUM(CASE WHEN `Status` IN ('Error', 'Invalid') THEN 1 ELSE 0 END)

• Is there any way to query the "Result" details of a failed dataset so you can see why there was an error running?