I get an error message with the Facebook Ads Advanced connector.

Hi,

I've been trying to decrease the amount of data to pull from the connector for Page Actions and even I'm slicing the data by month I get the following message:

"Domo is ready, but Facebook Ads returned an error: Job Failed. Please reduce the amount of data requested or try again later."

Do you have any suggestions on what else I could try?

I need to get information from posts like reactions, comments, and shares also for dark posts.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• RobynLinden
    RobynLinden Contributor
    Answer ✓

I just got a response:

Apologies for the delay in response. We found that this issue is related to an ongoing problem that is affecting all customers using Facebook Ads API. I am attaching this case to the ticket and will let you know as soon as this support case has been transferred to a Tier II representative for further updates.

Broadway + Data

Answers

• Hi @nbrx

How many months of data are you attempting to pull?

You might want to just try and pull a month, set your dataset to append and then pull the next month and the next until you get your entire dataset. I think it may be because you're selecting too wide of a date range. Do you have a lot of pages or actions?

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • nbrx
    nbrx Member

Hi!

I'm just trying with one month, before I was able to pull even 3 months but now I'm not able to pull not even a month seperately. I don't know what could change but this started to happen after april.

• What about a single day or week?

did the amount of pages drastically increase?

• RobynLinden
    RobynLinden Contributor

I'm having this exact same problem, trying to pull a single day of data. I have about 12 campaigns running (and the processing time was LONGER when I deselected old campaigns).

I've opened a support ticket, I really hope Domo can edit this connector so it doesn't error so often.

@nbrx in the meantime, did you change your Dataset settings to automatically retry upon failure? That has helped me get data in there without having to manually push it. Not every time it fails but...some of the days where I have a failure, auto-retry saves the day.

Broadway + Data
  • It sound like a Facebook limitation and not much Domo can do but I’d be interested in hearing what support comes back with @RobynLinden

• nbrx
    nbrx Member

Thanks for your answer @RobynLinden I've just changed the configuration to retry everytime it fails. The worst part it's that it takes almost 2 hours every time until I see it failed. Let's see what happens with this config and only downloading one month.

• I am having the same issue. I've changed my settings to only pull 1 day (was set at 10) and still receiving the error. We have about 45 active campaigns so not really a lot of data. Things were going pretty well until June 24th. Before that I would only get the 'too much data' error every once in awhile.

• nbrx
    nbrx Member

Does anyone has used another tool to download this data? Like supermetrics or Excel and then upload it into DOMO?

• RobynLinden
    RobynLinden Contributor

@nbrx I haven't looked into other solutions yet. Luckily I was just scoping out a new project to use this data, so I'm not in trouble yet. Really hoping this cleans itself up, though - pulling 10 rows of data per day should be a non-event :)

I was wondering if you could pull a smaller time frame and append your data or make a recursive dataflow, rather than pulling a month's worth of campaigns. Not positive how the Facebook data works, but I would assume older data doesn't change, so pulling it repeatedly may not be worth it?

Broadway + Data
  • nbrx
    nbrx Member

I still have no answer from the DOMO Support.

• nbrx
    nbrx Member

UPDATE: I haven't received a response from the support team yet (after a week) but I found out that if I decrease the number of campaigns by brand and only taking one month of data, and trying several times to update the data, I can finally have information by brand, by month (it takes almost 3 or 4 times trying to update). I think that Facebook has some kind of new limit on the API because before I was able to download the whole year's information with the same connector for all the brands, campaigns, and months. A little help from DOMO could improve the experience, maybe a better way to select which campaigns to load by a filtered view.

• RobynLinden
    RobynLinden Contributor
    Answer ✓

I just got a response:

Apologies for the delay in response. We found that this issue is related to an ongoing problem that is affecting all customers using Facebook Ads API. I am attaching this case to the ticket and will let you know as soon as this support case has been transferred to a Tier II representative for further updates.

Broadway + Data
  • I am having a similar issue. 1. no help from DOMO SUPPORT.

FB ads will not update any data, even with a new dataset built.

Can you get put in Facebook Jail for data uploads?

• @RobynLinden Did it ever start working for you? We just recently downloaded one of the FaceBook Ad dashboards. It was running fine for a couple week then all of a sudden we are getting the same error message

• @Jbrorby I don't have any datasets sitting on this connector type, so I assume it did not! We traffic our social campaigns through a third party platform and send to Domo via SFTP. I then built my own cards.

Broadway + Data